add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Sound Decreased

slashbrackets

4 months ago

I used to keep sound around 30 out of 100 volume level and things were at a comfortable loudness. Now I have to have everything maxed and in many cases can barely hear anything on youtube, etc.

Any ideas?

My Sennheiser Game One Headset is connected to the back of my Asus ROG STRIX x99 Gaming ATX LGA2011 motherboard.

Additionally, I used another head set and same issue. Thought I had ear problem but my family also has same issue using either headset.

Thanks

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point
  • Check the ASUS / Realtek software's settings rather than Windows's settings. It could be setup for the wrong sort of speakers or it's volume control isn't what you expect. You might consider reinstalling it as well.

• Check the Windows 10 audio mixer. If you go to sound settings, scroll all the way down to the bottom and there's a mixer for individual apps, click that, make sure you haven't somehow changed the volume for specific applications to be low.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Why does it change over time tho? I don't get it.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Someone's turning it down when you're not looking hehe, I don't know what to tell you, that's a weird thing to happen.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube