add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fastest Photo Viewers for Sequential Viewing

Root_User

20 days ago

I'm looking for a photo viewer that will allow for near-seamless transitions from one photo to the next. Most of these are JPGs on the order of 5MB, but also some RAWs closer to 30MB.

I'm hoping that there's a viewer that caches one or more of the leading and following photos into memory as one is viewed.

I've seen a few that load all images in the same directory, but that may be unmanageable for my use. (Plus, I only have 16GB of system RAM.)

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• 19 days ago
  • 1 point

The only dedicated one I've used is Irfanview, but I don't know if it can do what you are asking. There's a decent Slideshow option with a number of parameters.

Can't hurt to check it out at least.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube