add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New PC, long beep, overheating?

raythepurple

4 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hKtbtp

Just built, pretty sure the thermal paste I'm using it a bit dried out so I ordered new and will apply tomorrow... in the mean time...doing stress test while running Core Temp. I was in Fortnite, Epic settings, getting about 100fps, Core Temp says 54-57C, and the PC let's out a long sustained beep. I don't have a motherboard speaker...that I know of...temp doesn't seem that hot (old PC runs Fortnite at ~80C without a beep), game didn't slow down, not sure what else it would be though. I was on the default ram speed of 2133mhz at 1.2V at first, then I restarted, set xmp profile, 3200mhz at 1.35V, then just sitting in lobby it beeped again. It stopped as soon as I closed game. thoughts?

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

That is strange. I would contact ASRock support. To me it sounds like a motherboard error of some sort. You're sure the beep is coming from the motherboard and not through the speakers during the game?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Nah I'm an idiot. The PC was pretty close to the uninterruptible power supply, that's what was beeping because it was overloaded. It can handle both PCs and both monitors, so long as the new PC isn't being pushed to its limit. I appreciate your input. Zerk too.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, at least you got it figured out. We all do this type of stuff some times.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

That is usually something overheating on the board.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

My old PC would do that in games sometimes at high stress, though it kept playing just fine and I had ample cooling fans in it, cpu temps was within range, voltages good, etc. That was an Athlon 64 X2. It did have a stock 350 psu and OE MB. When it stopped is when I took out that big GPU and put in a newer single slot pci powered one without the extra power leads (with about 10% better performance in bench tests, which I didn't really notice a difference), in order to fit a usb3 pci. Ran it for years after and no beeps, never figured out what was beeping lol but it was in the case suspect the gateway MB. Was a constant beep until load let off.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube