add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Radeon 5700 RX - no display

gr82bagator

4 months ago

Upgraded to 5700 RX and only have a 450W power supply. The GPU fan comes on, but 'No Display' shows on monitor. Could lack of power be my issue?

MOBO is compatible. Inserted the new card into different PCI slots - no change. Changed PCIe ports to 3 compatibility. Reseated RAM. Reset CMOS by pulling battery. Fast Boot off. Tried 3 different HDMI cables and 2 different monitors - no luck. Original card works fine (in all slots), so MOBO is not damaged.

Please forgive my inexperience...The RX has 6pin PCI and 8pin PCI plugs. Does each one need it's own power cable? In other words, they can't be spliced on the same cable? (6pin to 6pin on PSU and 8pin to 8pin on PSU).

Thanks!

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

did you plug into gpu?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

the cable that came with the card is an 8pin (plugged into PSU) and then separates into a 6pin and an 8pin (plugged in to the card). Can I use this one cable, or does each one need a dedicated power supply?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

by that i ean your display cable into gpu

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I always use separate cables. One cable for 6/8 pin and another separate cable for the other 6/8 pin. Try that.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

3 different HDMI cables and 2 different monitors

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

did you plug those cables into the gpu

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

try displayport

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube