add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How to Find windows key.

EpicElephant
  • 8 months ago

I have an old laptop with the version of windows you are allowed to switch computers with (Can't think of it off the top of my head) which I want to switch to my new computer, Is their a way to find the windows key and do it like that or can you just transplant the hard drive and switch where it is stored over to my ssd?

Thank You.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

you can also go to your command prompt (admin only I would think) and input slmgr -dli. this wont tell you the key, but it will tell you if its a key that can be used on a new machine or not.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Just open the Start menu, type “powershell”, and run the Powershell application that comes up.

Then, enter the following command and press Enter:

(Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey

You should be rewarded with your embedded license key. Write it down and store it in a safe place.

[comment deleted]
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

?

[comment deleted]
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Windows 10 Retail Version I think.

[comment deleted]
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh. Fair Enough. Is it sketchy?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube