add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First ever Pc build- Doesn't boot

AceOfCaydes
  • 4 months ago

Okay, so what happens is that I plugged it in, turned on the PSU, and theres a light on the mobo (one of those decorative RGB ones, not a status light), but when I press the power button, absolutely nothing else happens. No fans, no error message, no nothing. I've already checked all the component connections, and every cables seems to be firmly plugged in. Any advice? I can't get it to do anything, not even boot to BIOS.

Edit: I'm using an Asus Strix B450-F gaming and a Ryzen 3600, but the mobo was supposed to have been updated before it shipped.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

From the sounds of it your power button is not connected to the correct pinout on the motherboard. If you can take a picture of the bottom right corner of your motherboard to check if your case wires are connected

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Be sure your PSU switch is in the '1' position. I just did that, testing ram.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube