add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New build wont start up and fan stops after 3 seconds

ajrp
  • 4 months ago

Hi, im having what looks to be two problems with my new build. The first being that there is an yellow light next to the ram ports and the pc doesn't output any signal to my tv even though the rgb turns on. And the second problem being that my cpu fan starts for a couple of seconds and then proceeds to stop.

I have: mobo: asus rog strix b450-f processor: amd ryzen 7 3700x cpu fan: amd wraith prism ram: corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 3000MHz 2 x 16gb

any help would be awesome thanks :)

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Its failing to Power On Self Test or POST.

Either the RAM is faulty, or the BIOS version isn't compatible with the CPU.

Also unless you have a graphics card you won't get any output to the TV

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

self test, and sorry i also have a 2070 super gpu plugged in, i think ill try different ram and hope for the best

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube