add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Newly built Modest Intel Gaming Build gives no display

LiuEG
  • 4 months ago

Hey everyone this is my build https://pcpartpicker.com/user/LiuEG/saved/#view=csJ4nQ

it's an old version of https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/t2wrxr/modest-intel-gaming-build

This is my first pc, and I've finished building it but no display comes up. I've tried different inputs: D input, HDMI, vga. None of them work(tried to plug into both my motherboard and video card//not sure which one to expect visual from).

My cpu fan(that comes with my intel core) turns on. The lights for the power button turns on when it's pressed. My graphics card fans also turn on for a couple of seconds but turns off after(i believe this is normal).

Checked wires and general placement of stuff: Couldn't find anything out of place. Any advice/tips?????

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure you are plugging into the video cards input and not the input on the motherboard.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Any debug lights? No video could mean a number of things. Bad ram, poorly seated ram, bad cpu, eps connector not in/ poorly seated, poorly seated cpu, poorly seated video card. I5 9400f has no igp, you need a card to see video. You don't need drivers to boot into the uefi/ initially on first boot, not with that setup. DOA part/parts? Have you tried the display port? Monitor is not listed, assuming it has one. Dvi/vga adapter? See if the board has debug lights. The manual will say what they are, if it has them.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you for helping i realized that the issue was my ram wasn't inserted properly. it properly booted after that.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Glad you got it up and running. Have fun.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube