add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

SilverGecko

69 months ago

So I decided on getting a Hyper 212 Evo, and I recently got my motherboard back from RMAing it, so I want to get my pc working quickly. I want to add another fan to the Evo, and I know that this is possible. The only thing is, what fan should I get? It needs a high static pressure (around 3mm/H20) and fairly cheap. I've found this: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/akasa-case-fan-akfn072 , but I'm open to better suggestions.

Thanks

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 69 months ago
  • -2 points

Don't ever listen to manufacturer specs. Fan measuring procedures aren't standardized across the industry, so everyone does them in different ways without explaining how they've tested. Basically every time you read a fan spec, immediately assume they're lying (because more often than not they are). Instead go read up on fan reviews from websites and forums. Over on overclock.net there is a substantial fan roundup by both Tator Tot and one other user whose name escapes me (both are in the air cooling sub forum). There's also fan reviews from SPCR and Martin's Liquid Lab.

I believe that the fans Akasa makes that are any good are called the Apaches. Others you could look into include the cougar vortex series, if you can find them still the scythe gentle typhoon ap 15s, the scythe grand flex, and the thermalright tr ty 147 along with the phanteks.

• 69 months ago
  • 4 points

You just threw context out of the window suggesting AP15's and Grand Flexes.

The guy bought a Hyper 212 EVO. Why would he then buy expensive fans? If he had that kind of budget in mind he could have just gotten a better cooler to begin with. So the Blade Master is fine.

• 69 months ago
  • 0 points

AP15s when they were still available in the US dropped down to around USD 15 a fan.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube