add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New build only works with "Game Mode" enabled

YimmiY
  • 4 months ago

Hi guys,

Having trouble with my new build.

Specs Motherboard:MSI B450 Bazooka plus CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 Ram: Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000 GPU: MSI RX580 8gb PSU: corsair vs550 Cooling:Cooler Master ML240L SSD: Samsung 500gb

Had a lot of trouble getting this build to get past the windows install without throwing up the CPU ezdebug light, had the mobo and ram replaced but still had troubles, I was trying different things in the BIOS and after enabling Game Mode I was able to install windows and run the PC as per normal.

But now the PC works fine in game mode with the automatic OC, but when I try and play a game I can play for 10-30 mins before it throws the CPU debug light and the screen goes half black and freezes, have to hard restart to get it to boot again. More graphic intense games like Battlefield V and Battlefront won't even get past the title screen before failing.

I've seen a lot of other same builds that run of this PSU so it should be giving enough power, maybe the PSU is faulty? Could the Ram be causing the error even thou it's on the capability list?

Have just had furmark running for 3 hours without any error or high temps.

To me it feels like a power issue, I shouldn't have to overclock my PC just to boot it.

Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

have you check the bios firmware?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeh, I've flashed back to old versions, plus updated to the new bios versions with the same results.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

k just checking.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you tried a different PSU? A Corsair VS 550w is so-so but a little bit better is a Corsair CXM 550W or a step better is a Corsair CX (2017) 550W. But do not rush to a new PSU since can double a few other things first.

Is everything connected properly? Is the BIOS up to date? Is the RX 580 8GB connected with the necessary PCIE connectors? The 6+2 pins.

Clean uninstall the graphics driver by using DDU and redownload the graphics drivers?

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Haven't tried a different PSU yet, tried uninstalling the driver and re installing but still getting same problem.
I've checked ever cable 100 times, my PSU has 2 PCIE connectors and I've tried both of them.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Seeing the game boost jacks up the voltage going to your cpu and that you have replaced the motherboard all ready, this sounds more like and issue with the CPU. With game boost on what CPU GHz are you seeing and what voltage?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Ryzen Master is showing the following: Peak speed = 3.850ghz CPU Voltage = 1.3 Temperature = 31.25'c

Cheers

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube