add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How To Connect New PC To Internet?

Rakiya515

4 months ago

I am building my first PC and I was confused on how I will be able to connect to the internet. Do I just enter in my WiFi password and get access to WiFi? Or do I have to buy a USB or something to get it to connect. This is the motherboard that i'm using and I'm not sure if it has built-in WiFi or not. https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813157864?Item=N82E16813157864

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

HI,

Seems like this Mobo doesn't have onboard wifi. Couldnot find any description in the specs.

You might have to get a wifi device to connect to the motherboard if you want to use wifi with it.

It does have a LAN port though, if you want to go the wired route.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have a modem?

Does the modem have LAN ports and/or Wireless?

You can either connect via a Ethernet cable or buy a router, with LAN ports and Wireless, to use as a wireless access point and plug your PC into it and use wireless from it to your modem.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube