add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC STARTS UP BLACK SCREEN

Sykin
  • 4 months ago

Hi, so I accidentally just unplugged my psu socket instead of my PS4’s and my pc shut.

Now whenever I try to boot up my pc I get a black screen and a no signal input coming from the monitor. Everything in my case seems like it’s working;

Gpu and all fans are spinning.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

A sudden shutdown shouldn't have killed anything

Did you accidentally unplug the video cable too?

Or try a different video cable

Also make sure your monitor is on the right input setting

(just getting the basic stuff out of the way first)

I would start there, or at least unplug the video cable and plug it back in from both sides

Pull the memory and reseat them as well

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Checked the video cable everything is fine. Also tries using a different one and still same results, my monitor is on the right input settings too double checked.

I’ve also tried to pull out the ram and insert again if that’s what you meant from pulling the memory?

Tysm for the help btw :)

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I see, I see

it's pretty much just testing a whole bunch of things till we find out what works. That's the fun part about computers (Sarcasm)

Another one I should have mentioned is to do the same for your graphics card, unplug it and pull it from the system, then reinsert it.

Another idea is would you have a different monitor to try it with?

Looking at my past notes here, it shows there could potentially be data corruption with your storage device. To test that as well, do you have a backup drive you can install an operating system on and try with that?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I’ll try all and get back to you tyvm

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome

And you’re welcome :)

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Pc just suddenly fixed itself today. Very odd nothing worked woke up to try the solutions again and it was all fine.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube