add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Multiple Errors - New Build

madstater
  • 4 months ago

Hi Team,

This is my new PC I built a week ago :

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/madstater/saved/#view=Qn3p8d

1. Got the parts new from Microcenter . Except the crucial SSD, which is from my old system
  2. The RX 580 was an open box and was tested OK by microcenter
  3. RAM sticks are from best buy
  4. Windows 10 - 1903 version installed
  5. Using the crucial SSD as boot device and the NVME as a scratch drive to store video files

Issues : 1. I am getting multiple BSOD for windows 10 - each time it shows a new error ( "WATCHDOG violation" , "IRQL not less or equal" are among them)

1. When the PC restarts from a crash ...after POSTing it shows BSODs at least thrice and fourth time it boots into windows 10. Some errors I get at BSODs are (digital signature cannot be verified, megascr.sys file not found, iastorsvc.sys file not found etc., )

2. Another error is when I try to download any file and try running it I get "installer integrity check has failed". I get this for all AMD Drivers, and also for VLC player and many other executables.

3. Sometimes i also get "Default wattman settings have been restored"

4. The radeon drivers are sometimes missing even after multiple updates and installs . I get 'no amd driver is installed' error.

5. I have used both the lan connection and wifi to update the windows 10 multiple times. (There are no issues with the network because my macbook works flawlessly with downloads on WiFi)

6. All the chipset drivers are updated; no luck with that too

7. Completed the disk checks and found no issues on both the drives

I did clean install of windows 10 at least 4 times now. Once from the original windows USB that I bought in 2015. However, it doesn't instal clean on ryzen systems. So I downloaded the new 1903 update on another flash drive and installed clean. This doesn't fix the issues either.

At this point, I am not really sure which hardware component to single out :)

The microcenter guys said it could be a faulty processor and asked me to drop off the PC so that they can look into it. I am going to do this weekend since micro center is a couple of hours of drive from where I live. But i wanted to see if anything else could be done from my end that is worth a try...

Any help is highly appreciated.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I would try and Install Windows on the NVME as this sounds like it could be a drive issue.

My second thought is that the thumb drive you are using to install Windows is corrupt.

Finally, I hate to say it but, your power supply is not great. So there is more of a chance then normal it could be faulty. This is more of an outside chance.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah i tried installing to the NVME first and same problems repeated for the first week. Then i thought i would use the trusted old SSD. but no luck there.

I also tried two different images on two different USBs. infact I bought a new USB to test. But no luck.

I installed AIDA extreme to stress test and the PC is crashing 2-3 minutes after starting the test...even if I leave the PC idle..it crashes

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube