add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Computer freezing (2year old pc)

cpenland
  • 3 months ago

This is the 2nd day my pc has done this, were it freezes shortly after booting up in the morning and the freeze occurs during a game. A orange light pops up on my motherboard (asus strix) it appears to be a ram issue not sure? Anyone have any insight on this? Also holding the power button does nothing and i have to flip the power supply switch to turn it off the computer.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

If you think it's a ram issue, take one stick of ram out at a time to isolate the defective one; see if you can isolate the problem.

It could be many things, such as a storage issue, a cpu issue, or a heat problem. Try cleaning it when doing the ram test. If you have a spare hard drive, plug it in and see if the same issues occur.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Cant really test it though since it happens randomly shortly after i boot the pc on after being off over the night. I think it has something to do with ram as well but not sure.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube