add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Please Add New Xeon Processors LGA3647

LibertyTalk
  • 7 months ago

Long time user of PCPartPicker and have been tasked with building a new financial trading/machine learning workstation. However, much to my dismay when looking to add in the processor no new Xeon processors (circa release 2017) are available for selection.

Searching Google as to "PCPartPicker +LGA3647" returns only a previsous request made on these forums.

As such, my only option for this build looks to be a competing website for PC builds. Shame.

It is my hope that the staff will rethink the reasons behind not adding in the newest Xeons... somoene mentioned "trolls" in an older post on the matter as to the Xeon Silver omissions, so perhaps require a user account with a confirmed email address??

• Allison

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

We have no plans to add these CPUs at this time.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 7 months ago
  • 1 point

The biggest issue with the new xeon processors is that the PCPartPicker engine is not currently equipped to handle the different parameters for Xeon Scalables' compatibilities. I believe that it will be quite a bit of time until the engine is ready.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube