add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Questions about linked Microsoft accounts with digital licenses.

AnAverageJoe
  • 6 months ago

Hello, everyone. I'm currently selling my Prebuilt ASUS ROG system that came with Windows 10 Home and I was wondering something. When I came across my windows activation screen it said "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account." If I made a full reset on this computer, then sold it to someone, would they not have Windows 10 Home activated on the system anymore if they signed in with their own account?

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

It wouldn't be activated anymore if you don't remove your account.

Open Settings.
Click on Accounts.
Click on Your info.
Click the Sign in with a local account instead option.
Type your current Microsoft account password.
Click the Next button.
Type a new name for your account.
Create a new password.
Type a hint that will help you to remember your password in case you forget it.
Sign in to the new account.

You should also remove your linked information from the system

Open Settings.
Click on Accounts.
Click on Email & accounts.
Under the "Accounts used by other apps" section, select the Microsoft account that you want to delete.
Click the Remove button.
Click the Yes button.

After completing these steps, restart your computer to completely remove your Microsoft account information from your device.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube