add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New built no video

Crispos

3 months ago

3 months ago i bought my motherboard and every paycheck i was a part. Today i finally finish building it. When i went to test it out,everything turns on but the screen is just pitch black. I checked all the cables and everything looks good. If its the motherboard what can i do,since i bought it 3 months ago in neweeg.

Gigabyte x570 aurora motherboard Cpu:Ryzen 3600x 16gb of ram.

Heres a short video

https://youtu.be/H9KVXz_8blk

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you connecting the video cable directly to the RTX 2070 Super's HDMI or Displayport etc. and not one of the motherboard's video ports? Because a Ryzen 5 3600x doesn't have integrated graphics and more importantly is to utilize the GPU since need one with this CPU due to no iGPU. And make sure the video cable is completely connected to the dedicated graphics card between the monitor too.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Yea is connected directly to the RTX 2070. I have try 2 diffrent HDMI cables and nothing.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Try a different video port from your GPU and not the HDMI. So basically use the displayport instead and see if this gives a video output. Just some really odd moments with Ryzen when it comes to HDMI.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

I will try that tomorrow. I don't have displaport in hand.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

No worries. Sorry you're going through this at the moment. And have you tried, safely, resintalling the GPU to the very top PCIe x16 slot (looks like a sliver color from this MOBO) instead of the 2nd bottom PCIe x16 slot? Unless it's too much of an interfere with your liquid cooler but would suggest trying the other PCIe slot that is closest to the M.2 heatsink/liquid cooler/CPU socket. Just might be how the BIOS is setup (oddly) and possibly needs an adjustment in settings but hard to do this without a video output.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

It works!!!!! Thank you sooooo muchhhh. Im so happy. I love you! In a good way lol.

I moved my GPU to the top and it worked!!!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube