add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case Recommendations?

baimer10

81 months ago

Hey guys. So I am building my first computer and I need some assistance. I am looking for a case (preferably under $70, around $100 is fine) that:

A. is spacey for parts and cables (Mid-tower) B. looks appealing (LED) C. has a few fans that comes with it (I am most likely purchasing a liquid cooling system as well) D. has USB 3.0

I am looking at the Rosewill Blackhawk currently, and if I don't find anything I think that is what I am sticking with. I am building an all around computer, leaning towards the gaming/editing category. Thank you so much for your help!

p.s. I would be very grateful if you took a look at some of the parts I have chosen thus far (they are not final nor complete) and give me some tips.

Thanks

Comments

• 81 months ago
  • 2 points

I recomend a Coolermaster storm enforcer or the NZXT Tempest 410 Elite (I love this case, has giant window for your LED's) I came down to these cases, both are roughly the same price. The NZXT only has 1 usb 3.0 though, as the CM has 2. If you do go with the NZXT, it has a specific place for your radiator (up to 280mm). Thats why I went with the NZXT, as it holds my Kraken x60 perfect in it!. Lots of space for cable management, even a little storage for cords and stuff (also a big seller)! Best of luck choosing a case, its probly one of the best parts of the build!!

• 81 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you so much! Still deciding but I love your reccomondations.

• 81 months ago
  • 2 points

Try looking at some fractal design cases, they have EXTREMELY nice cases just in that range! I've used them twice, and they aren't disappointing.

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you so much for the suggestion. I think I am going to end up going with a semi-cheap full tower, but I will consider this if I don't. Thanks!

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

I personally think doing water cooling is a little bit of a waste of money if your not going to overclock (you have the non K version 3770). I would recommend either just getting the 212 EVO to same some money, or spend a little more to get the K version, and get the most out of your CPU.

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah thanks I just switched my CPU to the non K. Do you think its worth spending extra money, or do they perform similarly?

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

I think they perform similarly, but the K will perform better if you overclock it.

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 81 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks.I just actually just decided to go with a full tower, but I almost went with this case before

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube