add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

BIOS Update -> No POST?

DIAMONDSRULE309
  • 3 months ago

Earlier today I decided to update my ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) to bios version 1302 from 0905 (i think) and used BIOS Flashback. I used a 2GB USB drive formatted to FAT32, and the button light turned off, supposedly meaning the operation had completed, but when I go to turn on my PC, it spits out a lot of Q-Codes and then ends on 09 (PCH initialization after microcode loading.) I then called ASUS' support center and the agent told me to reseat everything on my board. I reseated the CPU, GPU, RAM, and all power cables, and even put some new thermal paste, but it had the same results as before. I then attempted to reinstall the 1302 Bios and then 0905, but the button light said that both updates had failed. I even used different USB drives. Do I RMA the board, or what can I try to do to fix it?

Permalink: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MqPYrV

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Did you rename the file? The one BIOS version should also be the only thing on the drive.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038568

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I did rename it M11HW.CAP but without the "Bios renamer" as it wasn't included in the .ZIP. Why are they telling you to use something that doesn't exist? An incorrect file name would also fail the update.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube