add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Msi gaming plus not posting with 4 ram installed

David.hodge95
  • 3 months ago

Hi. I built my cousing an identical pc to mine with the exception of the motherboard (somehow he ordered the wrong one). However it was a z390 I figured it would be fine. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/David.hodge95/saved/ this is the build I did for myself and it works perfectly. However his on the other hand, the board is an msi gaming plus z390. Again identical to mine (it shows 2 ram in the list but I did do 4 on both systems). So with all 4 in no post with 1 in slot 2 or 2 in slot 2 and 4 put posts. I've flashed the latest bios and tried underclocking the ram and increasing the voltage by .1v. I'm new to this so any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Need to know exact MSI Z390 Motherboard model.

Did you refer to the motherboard Memory QVL for compatibility?

Which Ram modules are you using?

Are the Ram modules a matched set 4?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll get that for you.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

And a side note I installed his 4 into my pc and they worked for me.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

We still do not know whether or not there is a bad slot on the new board, a compatibility issue, or a wrong BIOS setting, or something else.

Which CPU are you using? Maybe a good idea to post a complete parts list for his build, if the link you're providing here is not the build we are working with.

Still looking this over, but it appears the 3200 speed Dimms your using are not listed on this Motherboards Memory QVL list. Although, these 3200 speed Dimms should work.

Check Motherboard Manual for XMP settings.

If not a BIOS setting start checking slots. Still should Memtest the new Dimms.

Pull out all Dimms out except 1 stick, test in each slot, do this with all Dimms, one by one. If you find a possible bad stick, test the same slot with a know good stick to determine if the slot is bad.

Back later, got to go cook dinner.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube