add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Stuck on password screen

ADP2
  • 3 months ago

Left my pc on last night to download a game. When I got up they system had crashed. I can get to the picture screen. When I hit enter to get to the pin number screen it goes fuzzy for a minute then kicks me back to picture screen.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Yikes, a system crash during an install can really mess things up. If you can start up in safe mode or system repair, I'd suggest a system restore back to sometime before you tried to download the game.

Fully power down the computer, whether by unplugging, turning off the PSU, or otherwise. When the BIOS loading screen comes up, press F2/F8/F10 (it may be different depending on what type of motherboard you have) and within the BOOT options, see if there's a safe-mode option.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

If System Restore is disabled, while still in safe mode go to where the game is downloaded and delete it, reboot and everything should be back to normal.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

So I can't get to safe mode. When I get to the password screen and use shift restart it just restarts. I can't get it to boot into repair mode either. I power on and off, but it still does not go into repair mode. Boot from partition on hard drive or my flash drive I get to troubleshooting options. I have a restart point but it does not work. I have tried everything I could find...can't even do a fresh install because it won't format my boot drive

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I think the issue might be my boot drive is full, but I can only get into command prompt. Then cmd tells me not enough memory resources. At this point I am lost

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm, is this what you're seeing? Try recommended solutions in attached link.

Not enough memory resources are available to process this command

This message may appear if you open CMD in Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE), Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) or if you start the computer by using an installation media.

Microsoft KB4339170 says that this message appears instead of “(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation, All rights reserved” – and it is a bug in Windows 10 v1803, which has been fixed in later versions.

This issue occurs because a resource file is not included in the components that are responsible for keeping these copyright strings. As a result, when the command prompt tries to read the string, it cannot find the string, and it assumes the reason that the string was not found is a low-memory condition.

It does not occur due to any no low-memory condition nor does it have any impact on any functionality. You should safely ignore this message and carry on with using the command prompt.

Nevertheless, if you see this message under any other circumstances, what you can do is either reboot your sysetm or close all open unwanted programs & processes, and then open the Command Prompt and see. If that does not help, try running DSM to repair a potentially corrupt system image.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/component-store-corruption-repair-windows-image

If this doesn't work, use DiskPart to clean and format a drive not working on Windows 10

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-format-storage-drive-using-diskpart-windows-10

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Tried the first one, didn't work...going to try the 2nd solution

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Not working either. I try to do a fresh install of windows and everytime I clear a hurdle another one pops up. Banging my head at this point

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

If the drive is not accessible through the Command Prompt, then it may have gone bad. Swap out drive, and load a fresh copy of Windows. You shouldn't have any issue with activation.

Later, you can stick the questionable drive back in and see if you can format it with a fresh copy of Windows already installed.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube