add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Computer turns on but...

JamesJB
  • 3 months ago

When I first turn the computer on once its been off for a while like the next day I press the power button it comes on but no screen no posting no loading to windows.

When I first turn on the computer the HD seems to blink a few times but that's it and my monitor says no display connection.

But when I turn the computer off and wait a few moments then turn it back on its fine,it will post and load up windows fine and I can see stuff on the monitor like normal.

Not sure whats going on hopefully nothing is about to die :( I can't afford to buy anything right now.

Its weird but this didn't start happening till I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro then Duel Booted first I tried Linux Mint then settled on Ubuntu Linux. All drivers are updated etc.

It's been doing this the past few days :(

Please Help :(

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 3 months ago
  • 1 point

hmm you know what I forgot to change that cause when I Reinstalled Windows 10 Pro and installed Linux i used a USB Flash Drive. DOH!! Hopefully that's the problem lol.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok changed it back,will see if that helped. Not sure how long I need to keep the computer off. I guess when i turn in for the night ill try in the morning see if it really fixed it or not.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

That helped thank you.

How did you know that was the problem? I'm dumb I wouldn't of thought of that :(

[comment deleted]
  • 3 months ago
  • 1 point

It worked the first time but after that it started doing it again. :(

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube