add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC won’t turn on

DannyASF

3 months ago

So I went to install my new CPU cooler today and when I put everything back together my pc wouldn’t start. There is a light on the power button which means I still have some hope to get my pc running. Does anyone have any tips or guides?

Parts Ryzen 5 2400G Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition (CPU Cooler) MSI B450 Gaming Plus Motherboard Armor Radeon Rx590 8 Gb Thermaltake Smart 600W PSB Viper 16GB Ram WD Blue 3.5” 1 Tb Samsung 860 EVO 250GB TP-Link Ac1300 wireless adapter

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you tighten the cooler down all the way?

Did you tighten it down correctly, as directed?

Is the CPU EPS 8 pin wire connected to the Motherboard?

Is the CPU fan power connected to the correct place on the Motherboard?

Did you bend any pins on the CPU during installation?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes I did Yes Yes it is Yep It was working last night and this morning before idk if the pins were bent but when I checked they didn’t look bent

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, the only thing left is to take it apart again and inspect the pins, make sure you have the 2 arrows aligned, cpu with socket.

When you tighten it down make sure you apply equal pressure on all 4 points.

Make sure the screws are all the way tight.

Some Motherboards will not power up if the CPU fan power is not connected.

All will not power up if the CPU 8 pin power is not connected properly.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube