add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What do i do with the sata cable coming from my case, do i do something with that?

vincent_2006
  • 3 months ago

the case i use is the areocool cylon

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

which cable are you referring to? cases normally do not come with SATA cables, and I don't think this case does either. can you please post a picture of the cable you're referring to?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

theres a cable coming from the top of my case and it says in cap letters SATA on it

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

If I'm not mistaken, that is the SATA power connector for the ARGB front panel lighting for your case.

And you should plug it into a SATA power cable from your PSU.

Then voila, you've got power to the "cylon" RGB on the front of your case!

(strange that the case manual/instructions don't talk about it or show in)

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

oh ok thx

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

oh ok do i plug it into the psu bc theres no port for it

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

what PSU do you have?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

raidmax 300w I think but not sure

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

You are probably talking about the front panel cable.

See the manual HERE

First page should give some enlightenment.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube