add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

No video on new build

Tazzl
  • 3 months ago

I made a build with 4gb ddr4 2666, ryzen 3 1200, 400w psu, and radeon hd6670. I will upgrade the gpu and ram later, I wanted to make sure it was all good, but no video is coming out. No signal on the monitor, tried dvi and hdmi on the card, tried vga with a different card. All parts are known good, the card i've used for a while, the ram was used when i tested the mobo, cpu, and ram together out of box when i first got them and it went into the board's bios, so all good there. The power supply looks fine. Everything is receiving power, but no video. Please help. Already tried reseating ram and CPU+Cooler. This is an out of case test, on the table.

TLDR: New build no video, please help.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

what cord are you using to connect the gpu and monitor? VGA or DVI?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

First tried hdmi, then dvi, then swapped card and monitor and tried vga, same results. Monitor scans thru for hdmi and vga. (Was using a dvi output on the card to an hdmi adapter)

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you try running it without the gpu? That was my problem.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

It doesn't have integrated video and the gpu is known good.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

If youhave another computer laying around you should put the gpu into that one and see if it does the same.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

It was the memory.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh nice to see you figured it out. Happy gaming, i’ll soon join you in the the pc master race :)

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

:D

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube