add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I get no screen on my monitor

mentorxd
  • 3 months ago

I.ve recently assembled my new PC last night. And i dont seem to get any screen on my monitor when i start it up. Here.s my pick list https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/d4jPn7

I someone could give me any clue or any idea where should i check or what to do next.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

1) Is your monitor on and is there any messages at all? ie. "No signal/No Input"

2) Do you have your video cable plugged into your graphics card or your MOBO?

3) Does the rest of your PC seems to be working? ie. Power LED lit, fans spinning

4) Are all cables and wires fully connected?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes the hdmi cable is connected straight to the graphics card. But before that i.ve connect it to the motherboard and it was still the same thing happening so i thought let me set up the graphics card because the ryzen 5 3600 might not have an hd ingrated. So bassically when i start up the pc, all the fans seems to be working and getting power.includin the 2 one from the case. Now there the motherboard ventilator which starts for 15 secs and then it goes off idk if its normal or not. I.ve connect the case to the mother board like usb 3.0 , hd audio usb 2.0 , f.panel everything is connected. The monitor seems to be reading hdmi when i start the pc. But theres a black screen doesnt boot actually anything. Now i.ve connected the power cable 24 pin and the 8 one which is for cpu now my power source is modular so the 24 pin and the 8 pin come straight from the power source. While the rest are modular.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Is your graphics card plugged into the PSU?

Try the second PCIe slot down in case the top one is faulty.

Try removing your RAM , Reinsert 1 stick at a time, in case one of the sticks is bad.

If you have another computer available, try connecting that to your monitor to make sure that is working properly. If you have another monitor or TV, you could alternately hook that up to your computer to check the monitor.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

The thing is all the components are brand new. I.ll the monitor to another computer and reinsert the rams. I.ll come back with a reply when i do that. Yeah graphics card is connect to the psu its has an 8 pin and a 6 pin plugged into it. And it seems to be on when i start the pc

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I forgot to ask. Does your MOBO have debugging LEDs and are any of them lit up?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

To be honest with you i haved seen any led on it. I just assume that is working cause i.ve seen its vent going on

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

how did you use a sfx psu in an atx psu case?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube