add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help with First build !!!

KillerAnime

2 months ago

Hey so for my birthday coming up my friend's decided to get me an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and I wanted to get the other parts on my own but I wanted to get other people's feedback or suggestions on what I should build I decided for it to be a white/black theme and wanted to see if this was a good start lmk- https://pcpartpicker.com/list/g3bhtp (without CPU as I'm not paying for it)

• $600
  • Gaming/Streaming/Recording (Games such as Rust, CS, MC, and League)
  • I have everything but pc
  • already got O.s

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

Ok I think you should go with this, why you might ask?

CPU COOLER

The cooler is totally unnecessary for the 2600, but it's there for looks. If you want to save $40 then don't buy it.

MOTHERBOARD

This motherboard is great for the processor you're using, and though not the most feature-rich it will get the job done.

RAM

The memory choice is 16gb of Team T-Force Delta ram, which has rgb of course. It also is rated at a speed of 3000MHz, so it's great for Ryzen although 3200 would've been better.

STORAGE

The storage choice is a whopping 1TB of SSD storage, but it's not NVMe which isn't the end of the world just a little slower. But way better than a hard disk drive. So yeah.

GRAPHICS CARD

The graphics card is a GTX 1660, it's faster than an RX 590 most of the time. And will definitely be able to stream and game.

CASE / PSU

The case is the Phanteks P300 Mid Tower case, it looks good, and has tempered glass. What's more to say? As for the PSU it's a 500W EVGA one, I would've gone with the Corsair CXM 550W, but budget held me down.

Overall, I think that it's a great system for $600, it would've been good if the budget allowed for a 1660 Ti, but it doesn't so that's that. If you liked this comment please upvote, I never got an upvote in my life.... smh

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Where's your list?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

LOL, totally forgot it. one second.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Cooler Cooler Master MasterAir G100M RGB 22.63 CFM CPU Cooler $39.94 @ Amazon
Motherboard Asus TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $89.99 @ B&H
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $56.99 @ Newegg
Storage Team GX2 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $81.99 @ Amazon
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB GAMING OC Video Card $219.99 @ Amazon
Case Phanteks P300 ATX Mid Tower Case $59.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $69.98 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $618.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-18 12:31 EST-0500

Oh, and included the CXM psu in there, just remove and replace the rgb ram for a solid $600 build

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
Motherboard MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard $114.99 @ Amazon
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $56.99 @ Newegg
Storage Team L5 LITE 3D 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $79.99 @ Newegg
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB DUAL EVO OC Video Card $236.98 @ Newegg
Case Phanteks P300 ATX Mid Tower Case $59.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Corsair
Case Fan Corsair CO-8950007 67.43 CFM 140 mm Fan $4.99 @ Corsair
Case Fan Corsair CO-8950007 67.43 CFM 140 mm Fan $4.99 @ Corsair
Total $618.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-18 17:23 EST-0500
  • The G100M is at best a sidegrade from the stock cooler, so I’d leave the stock cooler
  • Keep the Tomahawk, it’s got a good power delivery and amount of features (even more so if you buy the MAX version, as it’ll be able to support newer chips)
  • SSD with DRAM (it’ll be able to hold its speed as it fills up)
  • Cheaper PSU
  • Upped the GPU to a 1660 Super (it’s newer and performs similarly to a 1660TI)
  • The P300 only comes with one fan from the box, adding some cheap 140mm/120mm fans to the front would be ideal
  • 2 months ago
  • 3 points

You know what's funny, 29 months ago you mentioned that you just finished your first pc build, now your saying it again?? lol.

Hey i just built my first pc and it has an i7 and more i wanted to know if its really good for recording/editing,and playing games.when i say games i mean not ultra graphics games like battlefield 1,games as of cs;go and other fps games.if you have any recommendations on what i could change thanks.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah i forgot i put that up but i didnt build that pc cause i kinda lost the money i had at that tiime and now i have the money so why not build a pc xD

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor Purchased For $0.00
Motherboard MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard $114.99 @ B&H
Memory GeIL Evo X II RGB SYNC 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $62.99 @ Newegg
Storage HP EX920 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $63.99 @ Newegg
Storage *Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.99 @ Amazon
Video Card XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS Black Core Edition Video Card $179.99 @ Amazon
Case BitFenix Nova Mesh TG ATX Mid Tower Case $64.90 @ Amazon
Power Supply BitFenix Whisper M 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $79.98 @ Amazon
Total $616.83
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-17 17:55 EST-0500
  • Motherboard with support for future chips
  • Larger SSD and newer HDD
  • Dialed the RAM speed up a little bit (it'll provide a large performance boost)
  • Newer case (it's got a meshed front, which will help with airflow)
  • You don't need 750W, 550W would be fine
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

ok sounds great ill see if i can get all these parts even cheaper black friday or cyber monday

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube