add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Audio static when moving mouse etc.

Frugert
  • 3 months ago

Today I've started having a problem where the audio is a very constant high pitch static noise, whenever I move my mouse, type, load something the static becomes scrambled and exaggerated. This only recently started happening. I've just updated audio drivers and video card drivers, unplugged and tried different audio jacks. This only happens on my PC. I know this was an issue before with old motherboards but this is a B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC and has only just started happening. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I've also removed my mouse and keyboard usbs to make sure they're not the problem but the issue still persists. I've restarted my PC multiple times turning off the PSU Wall etc.

EDIT 2: Just updated BIOS and put all audio settings back to default but the problem still persists. Tried with other headphones or speakers and there is the same thing

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

First and foremost, make sure the ports are all cleaned out. I've had the errant piece of dust or pet fur get into a port and cause problems which I initially thought was my equipment breaking down.

For the headphones you're using, check the audio quality output.

-Right click the speaker icon on the lower right hand side and click on "sounds"

-Pick the "Playback" tab

-Right click the headphones you're using, and select "properties"

-Click on the "Advanced" tab

-Change the "Default Mode" around and see if any of the different options make for a clearer audio quality.

Hopefully this helps :)

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I've just checked the port, no visible dust I gave it a blow and wiped off the audio jack. Changed all audio settings to default but there is still the static. I also just updated my BIOS since I saw that it may help but that too didn't work

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry, I typed the wrong wording on that one.

The menu option should look like this.

Change around the settings in the drop-down menu to see if there's still static. BE CAREFUL as it may make the static very loud before finding the right channel option.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I've tried this. I don't feel like it's got anything to do with drivers since I've swapped to 3 different audio outputs and all 7 different jacks however they all produce the same static even though there may be no audio output from the jack or audio output driver.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

In that case, it's seeming more and more like the sound card on the motherboard might be faulty. If you've tried different headphones/outputs, changed the channel frequencies, and updated the drivers and BIOS, then the last (and most painful) problem would be in the hardware itself.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Could this issue be fixed with a sound card perhaps? I feel like an external amp/dac will be no good since it will have to plug into the audio jacks on my MOBO anyways, unless im wrong there and it filters out the static or something.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

have you tried different headphones

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube