add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

i press the power button of my PC and it doesn't turn on, but i press again and it turns on, is this normal? somebody please explain me

juanky2
  • 3 months ago

What am I suppose to do with this problem ?

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Laptop or Desktop?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

desktop

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Does it do this every time or just sometimes? If it’s sometimes, it’s not really weird because some power buttons just aren’t designed well and won’t trip the switch the way they should. If it’s every time, it’s kind of weird, but I’m still not sure it’s anything to worry about as long as when it powers up it posts and operates as normal. Is there anything else wrong with the machine?

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

its just sometimes to be honest, today it run normally, so that is normal in some cases? this is my only concern because the machine is in perfect shape. Eventually, i will summit my pc parts list c:

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I wouldn’t be concerned about it. I work in IT support and I regularly hit power buttons and they seem to do nothing until you hit them a second time. The power button is supposed to trip a switch that tells the motherboard to tell everything to turn on and sometimes you press it a little wrong or for whatever reason it just doesn’t trip that switch as expected. It’s really nothing to worry about unless there’s other problems. If there’s no other problems, the only real solution is to replace the front I/O in the case.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

what is the I/O ? thanks for the information by the way i appreciate it

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I/O stands for "input/output" and the front I/O is the inputs and outputs on the front of your case, including the power switch.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Hello, if this is a desktop, I'm not too good with this, but it could be your Power Supply. If you can, link your power supply. If it's a laptop, then it might be normal depending on what model it is.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

it is a desktop, am pretty sure that everything at the back is connected but next week i will install a new fan rgb, so i am going to check that anyways just to make sure that it is connected properly, thank you

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, did you make any changes recently? (To your pc)

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

not really, i just build it 3 weeks ago

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, can you link me to your parts list please?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube