add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2060 Super or 5700XT - what are the big differences?

robonzo

2 months ago

I've finally started to purchase some parts for my first build and I'm stuck on the GPU but want to make a choice by Black Friday.

Originally I was thinking 2060 Super but a lot of people are saying the 5700 XT is much closer to a 2070 super in performance but videos I've seen on YouTube which are benchmarking are typically taking avg. FPS of slightly older titles. By and large the Nvidia cards seem to have better lows, cooler temps and seem a little more predictable.

But I've just seen an Asus 5700 XT for £349 on Amazon and an MSI Armor 2060 Super OC for the same price.

Anybody have any real experience or opinion on things like 1440p vs 1080p performance on high-ultra settings, how future proofed each is, driver support, ease of setup. I'm fairly novice so overclocking and deep driver and BIOS settings are a bit beyond me right now.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

5700XT, slightly higher averaged gaming performance, quality control issues leading to BSOD on faulty cards, drivers are hit and miss.

2060 Super, slightly lower gaming performance, better productivity performance, better streaming performance, better driver stability, normal failure rates hardware wise.

Really depends on if the issues outweigh the slight performance increase with the 5700XT and if your able/willing to return a faulty card within the return window.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2060S-Super-vs-AMD-RX-5700-XT/4049vs4045

The two cards are pretty close in general performance. You are always going to have some games that perform better for one card over another.

With them also being close in price the RTX 2060 Super would be my choice. It uses less power and thus generates less heat. There have also been some issues with the RX 5700 xt cards.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

not seen that site before, thanks for the link.

yeah I'm swaying towards the 2060S I'm looking to keep it air cooled and I just want everything to work out of the box and it seems that'll do it

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube