add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I'm new to pc desperate need of help lol

RealOneJose
  • 3 months ago

I keep getting these two notes at the end of my build has me worried; 1: Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders. 2: The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QpVsXv

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points
  1. Some CPU heatsinks block some RAM slots. One advantage of AIOs is this is never the case, so you’re good.

2. Using an m.2 drive might lock some SATA ports. You’d have to refer to the manual to determine which slots are incompatible. In practice, with one drive, you shouldn’t have to worry.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Locking SATA ports is just plain retarded. Well, it depends on the chipset. Looking at you B450, Z370 & Z390...

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

There’s only so many open I/O slots and having the option without having to purchase a SATA expansion card is a bit easier for most people. Though, I imagine very few people attach 8 drives to their computer.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

so in short i'm good? should i change anything? case?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Pretty much. I’d change to this case just because it’s basically the same thing, but cheaper: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/b7hmP6/nzxt-h510-atx-mid-tower-case-ca-h510b-b1

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

You're good, it just means one SATA slot is disabled if you use an M.2 slot. Shouldn't be a problem if you have enough SATA slots. Look in the manual for the SATA slot that's disabled.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're concerned, just don't get an M.2, instead hopping for a SATA SSD.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're really desperate for no "See notes below" things, just get a SATA SSD. I would also recommend sporting 4TB of HDD instead of 1TB.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube