add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

yellow light (DRAM problem by manual)

Dodo452
  • 3 months ago

Hi, so i was building my first pc ever, i was building following on of the many tutorials on youtube but at some point after everything in the case was set i tried to turn it on but there was one of the four led lighting it is supposed to be problem with ram as its said in the manual but i dont know where the problem is i tried with one ram in each slot but it still wont work i have asus prime z370a ii im not sure if bios setup is needed sorry for my bad english my specs are: asus prime z370a ii gskill ripjaws 2x8gb 3200mhz i5 9400f gtx 1660 evga 650w

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

The problem maybe that the Z370 chipset boards needed a bios update to work with the 9000 series CPUs. Sometimes the motherboard manufactures update, but older stock does not get those.

You may have to find someone with a 8000 series CPU to do the Bios update.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought i might need bios update but i was now pretty sure, ill ask someone with 8000 series.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube