add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best budget micro atx mobo for a 290?

repzaj1234
  • 74 months ago

I've decided to ditch an overclockable CPU and mobo to get a higher video card. Which budget (but still quality) mobo would you recommend along with an i5-4570 and at the $40-80 price range? No SLIs, or overclocking. USB 3.0 is required ofc

I'm currently looking at this and this Gigabyte mobo, I've been told Gigabyte provides quality mbs

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Nothing particularly stands out between the two. Select according to the available features that you prefer between the two.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are going for a higher-end video card like the R9 290, I would recommend making sure the rest of your system is equally high-end. Otherwise, a bottleneck will likely occur.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not really aware how a mobo can bottleneck a PC. Only things I can think of is no SLI/Xfire ability, won't be able to overclock or if you do it doesn't do it well. I wanna know how a cheap mobo can affect gaming performance.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

I suppose that it is more a matter of quality than bottleneck. It would d make no sense to compliment a high-end GPU with a low-end motherboard. Cheaper motherboards use cheaper components, and in turn lower overall quality.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube