add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Zinko09

2 months ago

Hello, I've hit a bit of a stand still. I know enough about computers to get me by, but I'm having an issue getting over this hurdle. My computer is constantly shutting down and restarting when I try to boot any type of game. It was doing this before I moved to a new PC case, I thought it was just overheating due to being in such a cramped space (Alienware X51 R2). Since moving it it worked for a little bit, I decided to test it and pushed the graphics up a little. After doing that and playing for a few min it shut down and restarted. Ever since, even after lowering the graphics back down, it's not even booting the game all the way before it reboots.

computer specs,

Processor: Intel i7 4770 Memory: DDR3 16GB Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Storage: Samsung EVO SSD 232GB & HHD 920 GB (Operating system on the SSD and games on the HD)

Power supply: EPower Power Supply EP-500PM 500W (this is the only new part since moving to the new case. I used the old computers built in PSU, Alienware x51 R2, as is the current motherboard.)

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd double check the graphics drivers. It sounds like there may be an issue pulling up anything more intensive than just the standard windows OS.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

The drivers should be up to date, I updated them just after the migration to the new case, but thanks for the suggestion. I'll double check they are installed/updated properly.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube