add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

No Display; Followed Modest AMD Build Guide

MrV902

2 months ago

EDIT: My brother fixed it. I think Gigabyte just has janky HDMI ports. He jiggled a different cord in the slots and it comes on now.

Original post preserved for reference because I spent 4 hours on this...

I followed the build guide here https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/rgj48d/modest-amd-gaming-build with the exception of storage and a Bronze PSU. I built it and hooked it to my new ASUS monitor via HDMI and got a "no HDMI signal" message. The case fan, CPU fan and GPU fan power on, as well as the activity light on the case and the mouse and keyboard. There is also an "orange/amber" light near the graphics card (specifically at point "110" on the motherboard), which I am told is normal. I have tried the HDMI port on the mobo as well as the graphics card, I have tried connecting the PC to my television, I have tried power-cycling my monitor, I have tried input-cycling my monitor (VGA to HDMI), I have disconnected and reconnected most cables, I have tried reseating the graphics card and the RAM, and I still don't get a video signal. The PC seems to boot. The fans spin, the light blinks and I can activate CAPS LOCK on the keyboard. I just can't see anything.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Samsung - 860 EVO 500GB Internal SATA Solid State Drive
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB OC Video Card
Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case
CORSAIR CX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Haswell Ready ATX12V & EPS12V Semi-Modular Power Supply

The only thing I'm unsure about is when reseating the RAM, I notice that slot 3 clicks and latches the RAM into place, but slot one doesn't click and has to be latched manually. The diagram on the mobo seems to suggest that those are the two slots I use. Wouldn't know where to begin otherwise.
Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube