add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgraded CPU and motherboard, pc acting weird

TheAcornBender
  • 3 months ago

I upgraded my cpu from an i5 6500 to a Ryzen 2700x and MSI b450 tomahawk max motherboard. Before the upgrade I had no issues whatsoever. However now my computer has been acting weird. Every time I turn it on it won't output to the display until I turn it off and on again with the case power button and I've had a few times where the whole pc lags a little i.e. just on Windows desktop background, and the screen will flick off and on. I'm thinking it might be a dodgy motherboard? However I'm not entirely sure.

Thanks

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

clean install Windows 10

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Morgan123 is quite right, if you just moved your old installation/HDD to a new PC it'll have issues with the new hardware due to drivers, kernel, et cetera. You need to do a fresh install so that Windows recognizes the new hardware and installs the right drivers for that particular hardware set.

Or you could go back to your old hardware.

• 3 months ago
  • 0 points

When you switched over, I assume you installed/updated all of the proper drivers? Did you delete the ones from your Intel setup?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube