add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Motherboard and M2 Slots

StevenGaming
  • 2 months ago

Hi, I have a compatibility note that says something along the lines of "The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled."

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qRHmrV

I've seen people answer different things for different motherboards, but I'm not sure if the SSD is compatible and has space on the motherboard along with all the other components. Can anyone confirm I can run this build?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, it will work. When you install your M2 drive into your MOBO 2 of the physical SATA ports are disabled to provide bandwidth to the drive. Your MOBO manual will tell you which two. It should not be a problem with your build. If in the future you decided to add a SATA SSD or HDD you would have to plug it into one of the SATA ports that is not disabled.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you so much. That was the only confusing part I wasn't sure about.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube