add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My new built doesn't perform better than my old one

IzioH

2 months ago

Sup! I've been playing with a built that was: - GTX 1050ti - i5-3330 - 16gb RAM Ddr3 - I don't remember the mobo model :(

And now i change it for this: - GTX 1660ti - i3-9100f - 8gb RAM Ddr4 - B360M Pro-VDH.

I'm conscius that with the i3 is not going to perform too good with a 1660ti, it is just temporal but i have almost the same performance whit that built. It is ok? Or there's something weird that i'm getting the ssme amount of fps with the new one compared whit the old one. I going to buy another 8gb ram but idk if that is going to "solve" a little the performance that i'm getting. In CS:GO i got even better fps with the older than the new one. Any tips? (I repeat, that cpu is just temporal haha).

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

What FPS are you getting on the old versus new build? And on which games? What resolution are you playing at, with what graphics settings, and at what refresh rate?

I agree that I would think you would get better FPS with a GTX 1660TI build.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Whit the 1050ti in CS:GO i was getting like over 100 fps (120/140) but whit the 1660ti i'm getting under 100 fps. I play in 1440x1080 whit everything in low and whit a refresh rate of 60hz. That's the game that i'm playing the most thus is the one that i feel the lack of good perfomance. Then Apex, this one improve a little but not too much. I'm getting like 15 fps+ compared to the 1050ti whit everything on low (I always play on low for more framerate). Idk, i didn't tough that the perfomance would be the same. Ngl i'm a little frustrated :(

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

May I ask why you're playing at 1440x1080? Why not 1920x1080?

For CS:GO, you should definitely be getting higher framerate on the 1660Ti/i3-9100F. When you're playing (and getting under 100fps), what's your CPU and GPU utilization? What Nvidia driver version are you using?

I do not think getting more RAM will help with CS:GO.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube