add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My computer won't boot up after everything plugged in, did I miss anything?

erick_95

2 months ago

So, I disassembled my PC a month or two ago and when I tried replugging everything in, nothing booted up. Idk if I missed something or my clumsiness killed the PC, take a look: https://prnt.sc/q4n9nm . I can include more detailed photos if anyone wants to

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Does nothing happen? Can't really see from the photo. Looks like the power switch may not be connected?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

If the linked image is a snapshot of the assembled build, you haven't connected the "front panel connectors". These are connectors which stem from the Case's front I/O panel (power switch, reset switch, HD led, etc). This would be the reason why the case power button is failing to juice up.

The "system panel header" (located at the bottom right of the motherboard - a group of 9 pins) is where the "Front Panel connectors" hook up to. Refer to the mobo manual to have these correctly attached. You won't be using all 9 pins, only the ones the case front panel connectors require.

If the Panel Connectors are already in place - some other likely possibilities:

• Make sure the power button on the PSU is on the "ON" position.

• Double check all power connections from and to the PSU. Especially the 8-pin CPU connector (top left) and 24-pin ATX (on the right). These may require a little force to snap in. From the linked image I can't clearly make out whether the top 8-pin is connected or not.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube