add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New M.2, need method to reinstall windows onto it

Arkstar0
  • 6 months ago

I want to get Windows 10 onto my new m.2 drive from my ssd. I can't figure out the best way to go about that. Ideally, I only want to transfer the Windows 10 files (i.e. not the other junk I have on there like games). I was thinking of doing a media creation tool, but will I loose the partitions on other drives? And the old windows files would still be on the old SSD right?

As a side note: I'm trying to reinstall because of problems getting a monitor to connect lol. Long story short, I upgraded my CPU, mobo, and ram, and now my 144hz display just freezes up whenever I plug the displayport into the graphics card, and then returns to normal when I remove it.

Hence, I want to reinstall windows so the display will start at 60hz and then I can manually change it to 144.

But I digress, I need a simple way to do a fresh install of windows without loosing data from my other drives. (But if anyone had a similar gpu problem, feel free to comment on that lol).

Thanks! - Arkstar

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Found a solution on a random post on reddit.

Unplugging the monitor and letting it sit for a minute fixed the problem!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube