add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

X570 Taichi no BIOS Appears

Shilock

2 months ago

X570 Taichi, 3800x, RTX 2060S, 850w PSU

After finishing build, I power on and begin clicking delete waiting for bios to load, but all the monitor says is “no signal detected”. Powered down and tried again clicking F2, same thing.

Start to troubleshoot and notice nothing is moving in my GPU, no fans, no lights. Rechecked my connections, all fine using both the 8 pin and the 6 pin (minus the 2), all are tight.

During install I inserted my M.2 into the “Hyper” slot located just above the PCIe for the GPU. Is it possible using this M.2 slot disables the use of that PCIe slot? The manual didn’t say anything about that.

Seems to me the gpu isn’t getting power and therefore no signal to monitor.

I haven’t loaded windows yet, but that’s not required to see MOBO BIoS is it?

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you directly connecting your "video cable" like an HDMI or Displayport to your GPU between the monitor?

The Ryzen 7 3800X has no integrated graphics so if connecting directly to one of the motherboard's video port between the monitor then you will get no signal.

Is the RTX 2060 SUPER required PCIE cables connected? [The 6+2 pin PCIE cable or the 8+6-pin PCIE cables] And is the video card connected completely to the PCIEx16 slot? And don't expect the GPU fans to turn ON, they normally don't turn ON from the boot up or when powering the computer at the beginning.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Correct only to gpu.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Specifically from your motherboard, there is no disabled PCIE1 (the top PCIEx16 slot) when using M2_1.

However if you used M2_3 then PCIE5 (very bottom PCIEx16) will be disabled so I don't think this is your situation. I'm assuming you installed your GPU closest to the CPU/CPU cooler which is PCIE1 and they recommend it too. Unless I am mistaken then that could be the problem and relocate your GPU to PCIE1 and not install it to PCIE5.

Did you also connected your "two" ATX EPS to ATX12V1 (8-pin) and ATX12V2 (4-pin)? The additional ATX 4-pin will be required for additional power for overclock and additional power for the GPU as well (some do require it).

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes. Took out and reinserted all power. Finally uninstalled the whole gpu and reseated and it fires up. Not sure what the initial problem was, but really appreciate all the help 👍

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably wasn't fully inserted to the PCIEx16 slot. It happens but glad you got it working. And no worries. Happy building.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Now that the GPU is working am I wrong in assuming the AsRock bios should come up without having windows installed? This was my first power on of the build and I thought after pressing delete the basic bios would appear, but I’m getting a “reboot and select proper boot device” now.

Being the first startup I don’t have windows installed, or the Taichi software, haven’t done any bios flashback or clear cmos, but I thought I could at least get access to basic mobo bios.

Kinda at a loss on what my next step is....

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Now that the GPU is working am I wrong in assuming the AsRock bios should come up without having windows installed? This was my first power on of the build and I thought after pressing delete the basic bios would appear, but I’m getting a “reboot and select proper boot device” now.

Very normal when there's a no "bootable" device to load to. Meaning if have an M.2 SSD or an SSD or a HDD that doesn't have an operating system installed nor Linux then it will give you the message: "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_"

Being the first startup I don’t have windows installed, or the Taichi software, haven’t done any bios flashback or clear cmos, but I thought I could at least get access to basic mobo bios.

To get into the BIOS, restart the PC or power the PC OFF and power it back ON again then quickly press DELETE or F2 before it goes back to the Reboot and Select message. This should get you into the BIOS.

Kinda at a loss on what my next step is....

Edit: [I may have misunderstood your statement earlier. So I removed a lot of my comments.]

It should allow you to boot into the BIOS regardless. Just try again with reboot PC and press DELETE or F2. M.2 SSDs/SSDs can be difficult to boot into the BIOS if not quick enough.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Ended up doing a clear cmos. Apparently is was default set to flash, once cleared using delete upon startup finally got my BIOS to load. 👍

Thanks for the assist

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Glad you got it working. Hope its smooth process from now on.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube