add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

TForce 2x8 3200 running @ 2400

maher320s

2 months ago

Just built my first PC and everything went smoothly. Running through BIOS I saw the TFORCE RAM was running @ 2400 instead of the 3200 I bought. Any idea how to adjust it up to the rated 3200?

Thanks, Steve

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

DIMMs will not work at their specs out of the box, rather defaulting to a JEDEC standard at either DDR4-2133 or DDR4-2400.

Enable XMP profile, it will most likely auto set to rated speeds.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, Morgan. I will try that this afternoon.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

BIOS - Advanced Mode > Extreme Tweaker section of the menu, and change the AI Overclocking Tuner to D.O.C.P Standard. (Direct Over Clock Profile)

In D.O.C.P. choose the appropriate XMP profile for your Ram modules.

Go to the exit menu, select save changes, restart PC for XMP settings to take effect.

Here's an informative video which includes this procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW0a3fHf-ZU

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks so much, Morgan. That did the trick.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome. Glad you got it sorted.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

What motherboard?

It could be called XMP, AMP, DOCP, depending on the board.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I believe Asus calls it DOCP in BIOS. Could of been changed to XMP should be in the advanced settings in BIOS.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, Zerk!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube