add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Monitor turns off/black screen sometimes and I get "no signal" but the pc is still on

Iamneil
  • 2 months ago

Hi all.

I've just built my new PC but I'm experiencing some problems:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Iamneil/saved/#view=cXDBZL

Everything went smoothly. I OC'd the CPU and GPU. I basically followed this dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO-V8E9MIBg since we have the same components.

The problem/s:

1. My monitor goes dark sometimes. But the keyboard, mouse, GPU and PC lights etcc are on. I've only experienced this during/after a game with league.

2. When I'm playing Modern Warfare, my screen stutters.

3. When I was OC'ing the GPU I got it to the AMD capped rate 2150 and the memory to 900 but when I turned my pc on this morning and opened afterburner, it was showing 2150 and 1750. I don't know how it got to 1750 because afterburner was stopping me at 900 when I was oc'ing. I read online that this is a usual problem with amd and 144hz monitors, is this correct or did I **** my PC already?

This is my very first build and would appreciate any help!

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

GPU? obviously make sure cables are secure and tight. also, id not reccoment OCing things if they break. un OC them

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Stuttering and black screens would be a sign of an unstable overclock, but not enough to blue screen. Just take your overclocks off, amd pushes their new stuff far enough you really don't get much out of ocing other than a waste of time. On 1000 and 2000 series stuff worth it but not 3000. Just put everything to stock and enjoy your pc!

Side note your list is missing a power supply :P

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube