add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

REPOST 2: Monitor turns on, but does not display anything...

PCHawk
  • 2 months ago

My relative has this old PC which has a monitor that they say "Monitor stop displaying anything one day they turned it on. " Note: A few years ago I used it and it worked fine.

I boot up that old PC and it turns on. The monitor has the light at the side indicating that it is working but, the monitor will not display anything. I opened the PC to check for burned wires or unplugged cables and there is nothing wrong. The PC is a little bit dusty but I don’t think that really interferes with anything. My relative suggested that it might be that the lithium battery on the motherboard is dead. But that doesn’t really seem like a possible problem. The PC doesn't have a dedicated GPU since it is an integrated GPU.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

The monitor LED or a component on it's circuit board may have failed. The power indicator light is just that, to let you know it's a least getting enough power to light up the indicator light, it does not mean it's getting enough power to supply the monitor's power requirements. Meaning the monitor's ac/dc power adapter may not be supplying enough voltage. This is why you must test it's operation on another PC to eliminate it as the possible reason there is no display. Could also have a bad monitor vga, dvi, or hdmi, cable.

This is in response to the other members comment you removed suggesting you check the monitor first. Don't know what we can do for you if you are not willing or able to swap out parts in order to diagnose the issue.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you! Will definitely try what you said!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube