add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New PC weird behavior

JP735
  • 2 months ago

Hello everyone, I built a PC for my girlfriend but we are having some issues. The parts are as follows

Ryzen 5 1600 ASRock b450 pro4 Mobo Corsair vengeance 2x8GB 2666 Samsung QVO 1TB ssd Corsair cx750m PSU XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB GPU

The computer was rebooting any time we played games so we thought it was a bad GPU. We got a replacement from Amazon and replaced it with the exact same model. We got it to work at my house, played Overwatch for a little while and sent her home because I thought we got it fixed. When she got home though, it rebooted again. I came over to test it but now we can't get any signal through HDMI or DP. I could really use some help.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

My guesses is that it could be her monitor or display cable are bad, or the wall power isn’t good, considering it was working at your house but not her house.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

The display cable is fine bc it works at my house, I use it every day. I know her monitor isn't great but we tested it at her house with my monitor and the same thing happens. As far as the wall power. I would think that the PC wouldn't boot if that were the issue right? It turns on, it just won't send any signal.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

A new update: I took it back to my house to test it further. I swapped her graphics card into my PC and it works normally. I swapped my graphics card into her PC and it works normally. Her PC with her graphics card at my house still doesn't send signal

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Update: I swapped her GPU back into her machine and it sends signal to my monitor now. I even played for about 1.5 hours. It rebooted during at the end of a game though. There is no blue screen, it just cuts to black and then boots up normally.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube