add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

check pc specs from another computer

tmike42
  • 1 month ago

hi, is there a way to check pc specs (specifically kind of motherboard or at least model number of pc) from another computer? I am home for the holidays and would like to take advantage of the competitive pricing here as opposed to where I go to college. This is a Dell Optiplex that I have modded to be a gaming pc, and would like to update the CPU, but did not have a chance to write down the model number or type of socket that the motherboard supports before I left it for the holidays.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Something like HWinfo should work, you don’t really need to use another PC

https://www.hwinfo.com/

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube