add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

wireless wifi adapter problem

stormswa

1 month ago

I built a computer for my nephew, now I live hour and a half away so the issue they are having I have not seen. The computer is up and running great but they don't have access to ethernet so I told them to get a wireless adapter and I left my portable drive there for them to install from GPU disk after they get internet. She called me today and said the disc wouldn't run and install the wifi adapter. Now in past I don't believe I ever installed from disc I just plugged it into usb and found wifi signal from house. I don't want to drive hour and half to plug something in but though maybe you guys could give me a easy way to explain what needs to be done without wasting 3 hours and 30 minutes tomorrow of my time.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

ok here is new issue they purchased a USB wireless adapter and the disc will not run and no wireless connections show up. Not really sure what to do now never had this issue before. The drivers are all updated from the CD and I checked and it is recognizing the Nvidia chip.

Really don't know what to tell them over trying a different adapter they are using netgear nighthawk ac1900.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I had them go out and buy a simpler adapter the one they bought isn't what she needs I don't think. Wish I lived closer I have tons here at the house.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

fixed: seems like something was wrong with adapter, they got different one and installed no problems.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube