add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC crashed after BIOS menu after installing new GPU.

mand0r

1 month ago

Hello everyone.

I've installed a new Gainward Geforce GTX 1660Ti on my PC and it doesnt work, in fact windows wont even start. PC shuts down it self after BIOS menu (cant even enter it its not responding). My other components are:

Motherboard: ECS z77h2-a3d (1.0 bios)

CPU: Intel i5 3570k

RAM: 8GB ddr3

Power supply: Thermaltake 730M 80+

I tried replacing mobo battery, reseting it with jumpers. I tried reinstalling windows multiple times. I tried pluging my monitor to motherboard VGA port and disabling intel integreted gpu with Device Manager and that didnt work either. When i plug my older GPU, PC works like i charm. My GPU is bought brand new. If this is wrong subreddit tell me so i can switch.

Thank you in advance guys!

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I tried to plug my monitor to motherboard VGA port and disabling IGP with Device Manager

Why you disabled the IGP from the device manager?

That is what you shouldn't do. The IGP is used for getting a picture on your Monitor if you don't have a dedicated GPU.

And take out the dedicated GPU if you wanna use the IGP.

The BIOS has the default value for the Initiate Graphic Adapter to AUTO, so if you don't have a dedicated GPU if you connect the rear motherboard VGA output to the Monitor, you should get a picture on your screen because it will recognize the IGP from your CPU.

As for the GTX 1660Ti, that's a new GPU and your board is very old, thus the BIOS doesn't recognize that card. That's what i think anyway.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube