add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 10 File Explorer search issues

PavelMan
  • 5 months ago

Hello,

Ever since a Windows 10 update I'm having issues with the File Explorer search bar. I'm talking about the one that allows me to search in my files. Before I could just type a letter or a start of a word and it will start showing me results, now I have to type exactly what I need and press enter for it to actually find anything. Beyond that, at times, it won't let me even enter anything into the search bar.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you.

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

From the control panel, select the search engine you want to edit. Click Search features from the menu on the left and then click the Autcomplete tab. Click on the slider to set Enable autocomplete to On. It can take up to 2-4 days for autocomplete to start appearing on your search engine. Hopefully this helps.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube