add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Motherboard lights up, nothing else works.

Rati-Managadze
  • 1 month ago

So i built a new PC today and i ran into a serious problem. when i switch on the PSU motherboard RGB lights immediately light up, without pressing the power button. (Could something be shorting it out?) however, after that the case pwr button does nothing. nothing seems to work: no case fans, no cpu fan, no RAM rgb, nothing. all the cables are correctly connected, no issue there. gotta note that i dont have a GPU yet, but i still decided to build the PC, as i can easily throw in a GPU when it arrives. (could this be causing any issues?) I would appreciate any kind of help. specs: ASUS PRIME-PRO x470, AMD Ryzen 7 2700x, G.SKILL Trident Z rgb 16gb (2x8) 3000mhz, WD blue 1TB 7200rpm HDD, Kingston 240gb SSD, Asiahorse rgb case fans, Corsair CX750 80+ bronze semi-modular power supply, Corsair Spec-Omega White case.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point
  1. are all the power cables attached, the 24 and 8 pin ones?

2. are the case wires correctly attached? They are easy to put on the incorrect pins

The article below is quite good

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/perform-these-steps-before-posting-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

My god, i didnt know mobo standoff was that important, i just realized i left it out, and that might be causeing short, that would explain why mobo lights up without powering on the pc. I will install the standoff firts and update this post if it helps. Thanks for the reply.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Never mind, turns out the case has pre installed standoffs that lift the motherboard from the case, it comes with one spare standoff just to check with the screws.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube